At Sysgen Philippines, we partner with the top IT companies in providing them with great talent just like you.
We are looking for an experienced, reliable Database Support Engineers to join our outstanding Database Administration Team.
What you’ll be doing:
By providing infrastructure services and operational support on a global basis for both Oracle and Microsoft SQL technologies, your role will consist of a combination of incident, requests and proactive platform management activities. You will also be accountable for the following:
- Provide excellent technical support for Oracle and SQL Database environment.
- Provide operational support for DB issues initiated from Incidents or Changes.
- Provide solutions and root-cause analysis of system performance and failure related issues.
- Work on an onsite shift-rota and provide off site 24×7 support.
- Work on projects and provide close liaison with project teams to ensure the smooth transition of new databases and initiatives into the Production environment.
- Working closely with manager and team members.
- Review and recommend options to improve the effectiveness of the database infrastructure.
- Establish / maintain best practices, processes and procedures to underpin the operations of the business.
- Performance monitoring / Testing and capacity planning.
- Creation / maintenance of full system documentation, including DR documentation.
- Innovation – continually looking at ways to improve infrastructure, for a faster and more efficient environment.
The most important skills and qualifications you can bring to this position include:
- At least three years’ of experience in technical support as anOracle or SQL DBA.
- Must have knowledge of ITIL v3 standards or must have a certificate in ITIL v3 foundation skills.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS 9i\10\11g, Oracle RAC, Oracle Forms.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of SQL 2000\2005\2008, SQL High Availability.
- Ability to create scripting language to automate tasks, ability to tune SQL DB’s for a better performance.
- Have worked on scripting language to automate tasks
At Sysgen, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and a vibrant employee-focused culture. We never leave anybody behind. With our big talent community and enduring relationships with top-notch companies at home and abroad, we make sure you never run out of opportunities.
If this sounds like a place for you, we’d love to hear from you.